My heart breaks along with the amber dawn
Wasn’t a dream when I heard, ‘I’ll leave’
But when the cold, dark night was finally gone
You were too, despite my disbelief
A hasty comment made in jest
Turned quick to contemplation
Then suddenly became ‘what’s best’
With a lack of hesitation
Said it wasn’t just following your dreams
Or that yourself you needed to find
Not anything to do with your need to be free
But it had everything to do with mine
Said you loved me more than I would know
Yet you couldn’t change your ways
What kind of love would choose to go
Rather than fixing it so you could stay
Thought I’d been abandoned to the dark of night
Thought only loneliness would rise with the sun
But just like the dawn, you can’t fight the light
Light is what brings the best to come
No comments:
Post a Comment